Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Tree of Life

Let me just start off by saying, I'm amazed that I was able to sit through this entire movie since it seemed to be a 2 hr and 11 minute long screen saver. Don't get me wrong, some of the cinematography was very beautiful, but I couldn't help but feel as though I was staring at a computer screen and at some moments not sure exactly what I was looking at. There is a sequence of the creation of the earth and the first life on the planet that evolves in dinosaurs while classical music plays in the background. I was oddly reminded of the movement in Fantasia when the dinosaurs go extinct. The music, which I would normally find beautiful, added an element of chaos to the movie that did not match the flow of action. The constant whispering of the characters was a little bit creepy and remained vague throughout the entire film. The actors played their characters down to a T, but the flow of the movie and the lack of communication couldn't be helped. As the en credits began the only thing I could say was, "Really?"

No comments:

Post a Comment